Q. I started taking Social Security in February of this year and now realize it may not have been the best decision.  Once Social Security monthly benefits are started is there any way for me to change my mind and delay receiving benefits and if so what do I need to do to accomplish that?

A. Since it is less than a year since you began benefits, you are entitled to withdraw your original application for benefits. To exercise that option you must repay the benefits received thus far. When you again want to receive benefits, you would submit a new application.