Q. We have parental guardianship of our 12yr old great-granddaughter. My husband is disabled. We live from our Social security. Can our great-granddaughter receive S.S. benefits?

A. An adopted grandchild or great-grandchild can qualify for Social Security dependent benefits. Talk to your own Social Security office representative about your great-granddaughter’s eligibility.