Web and Multimedia Services Manager
Reports To: Director of Communications
Manages all aspects of the organization’s web systems (strategy, SEO, content management) including creation and execution of innovative web pages by integrating video, graphics, text, and audio into strong user-interface design. Proactively manages web content; recommends technical and editorial improvements. This position offers a unique opportunity to merge creativity, content and technology to attract and engage users while communicating the organization’s mission.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Conceptualizes, designs, develops, and maintains web site projects integrating front end design with back end functionality. Moves sites from staging and production to full online deployment. Makes changes to web site, pages or presence based on feedback from management and users.
- Ensures code/data integrity; implements security measures to protect and prevent against application vulnerabilities, hackers and intruders
- A complete understanding of the WordPress content management system including ability to manipulate templates, make plugin suggestions, and modify code when necessary.
- Develops quality online features that support the mission of the organization
- Monitors site traffic using Google Analytics; ensure search engine natural web rankings to maintain placement on all major search engines
- Provides technical assistance as it relates to website(s) functionality, website features, site navigation, customer inquiries and other technical requests.
- Responsible for acquisition, manipulation, and organization of digital photographs, film, and video, including use of production equipment and editing software. Responsible for developing videos that are in alignment with the National Committee’s mission and are visually compelling.
- Stay up to date on the web’s latest technologies and make sure the site is always mobile-friendly and multi-platform ready
- Serve as the department’s point-of-contact with vendors, manages contracts and subscription services.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
Webmaster experience with a membership organization and/or non-profit is a plus.
Certification, Licensing, and Skills:
Good project management and communication skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must have the ability to work collaboratively on website projects and to balance technology with practical needs. Position requires good written and verbal communication skills, strategic problem-solving and excellent organizational and time management skills.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Senior Legislative Representative
Reports To: Director of Government Relations & Policy
Position Summary: Senior Legislative Representative is responsible for advancing NCPSSM’s Social Security legislative and regulatory goals. Lobbies members of Congress and staff on the National Committee’s legislative agenda. Develops policy and researches the Social Security program who identifies, and advocates for, legislative and regulatory solutions to major public policy challenges related to: Social Security retirement, disability, and survivor benefits; the Social Security Disability Insurance application and adjudication process financing of the Social Security program; Social Security issues related to women, communities of color, people with disabilities and the LBGTQ community; customer service provided by the Social Security Administration and the agency’s operating budget
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Monitors and analyzes legislation and proposed policy changes within Congress and the Executive branch which impact the membership of the National Committee, the organization’s agenda, or internal operations
- Proposes actions and policy goals for the National Committee
- Prepares and reviews material for use by lobbying, grassroots, communications, PAC, and marketing departments as needed; works with departments to review internal and external communications to ensure accuracy and consistency with National Committee policy positions, endorsements, and goals
- Represents the organization and its legislative agenda as appropriate to members of Congress, Congressional Leadership, Congressional staff, White House, and Executive Branch officials, etc.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the Social Security program and its impact on the National Committee’s agenda
- Monitors announcements and actions of public interest organizations; proposes and implements coalition or liaison activities with those organizations as appropriate
- Answers National Committee member questions about their Social Security benefits
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Experience, and Skills:
Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field such as public policy or economics; registration as a federal government lobbyist required; minimum of seven years of experience in policy development, political and legislative process or related experience; and at least five years of experience in a senior-level position. Expertise in Social Security, excellent oral and written communications skill as evidenced by position papers, presentations, congressional testimony, extemporaneous speaking, and interviews. Good interpersonal skills: including the ability to work well with the public and the ability to work independently
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
Advanced degree in a relevant field. Job experience as a congressional staffer or in a federal agency congressional affairs position. Strong analytical and research and statistical skills, as demonstrated by a background in statistical reporting, modeling, and comparison, including both qualitative and quantitative analyses. Experience being interviewed by the media on public policy.
Qualified candidates may send a cover letter, resume, and general salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.