Reports to: Director of Government Relations and Policy
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Department: Government Relations and Policy
Full-time position providing administrative and programmatic support to the Government Relations & Policy Department. Serves as point of contact for program volunteers on administrative matters; serves as key contact for local volunteers.
Will Assist with the Following Essential Functions:
- Assist the department’s lobbyist with research and writing assignments on key legislative issue areas, including Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, long term services and supports and the Older Americans Act
- Attend meetings and hearings to gain knowledge on policy and political issues and/or on behalf of GRP or PAC colleagues
- Assist with assembling the lobby, monthly activity and fiscal year legislative accomplishment reports and other required documents as needed
- Assist with the planning and execution of local events and the National Committee’s Political Action Committee
- On an as needed basis, performs assigned duties for the Marketing and Administrative Departments
- Maintains a diverse network of members, volunteers, activists by developing and maintaining the volunteer database
- Coordinates a corps of volunteers to support events in Washington DC and on Capitol Hill
- Provides support for meetings, projects and follow-up actions; researches and assembles information for use in discussions, presentations and reports for the department
- Coordinates the review process for items such as timesheets, vouchers and check requests, including volunteer expense reimbursements
- Provides administrative and organizational support for National Committee Volunteer Programs
- Establishes and maintains files and records for Grassroots
- Manages purchases of office supplies and “giveaways” and material for volunteers.
- Performs other job-related duties as needed
Education and Experience:
College level course in writing is preferred. Knowledge of legislative issues surrounding Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid is preferred; excellent attention to detail, motivated to learn; interest in the mission of NCPSSM.
Certification, Licensing, and Skills:
Effective oral and written communications skills are required. Good interpersonal skills; including the ability to work well with the public; ability to work independently; good organizational and analytical skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Office is preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org