Long Term Care

Aging in Place: Growing Older at Home

These are common issues for older people. You may share the often-heard wish — “I want to stay in my own home!” The good news is that with the right help you might be able to do just that.

Will You Need Long-Term Care? And What’ll It Cost?

A healthy 65-year-old male has a 44% probability of needing some level of long-term care during his expected life span. For a woman, the odds are 56%.

The Staggering, Exhausting, Invisible Costs of Caring for America’s Elderly

As millions “age in place,” millions more must figure out how to provide their loved ones with increasingly complex care.

Debt After Death: The Painful Blow of Medicaid Estate Recovery

A congressionally mandated system designed to recoup the costs of long-term care can hit people with the crushing prospect of losing a home, posing a particularly insidious threat for low-income families and people of color.

Getting Old Is a Crisis More and More Americans Can’t Afford

Growing old is an increasingly expensive privilege often requiring supports and services that, whether provided at home or in a facility, can overwhelm all but the wealthiest seniors.

Pandemic Highlights Need for Federal Long-Term Care Insurance

Most seniors simply can’t pay the average $100,000 a year for a nursing home, $50,000 for in-home care, or $45,000 for assisted living.